Friday, August 8, 2008

Opening Ceremonies!!!

Great Job China!!!!
Last night was incredible and a great way to get the games started..As a special treat to the American athletes we were taken to a special venue in order to hear for ourselves a good luck from our President...He was so excited to be there and wished us all good luck and gave a direct order of winning gold medals...we took that to heart...If you look at the link below you can see our team picture with the President....
http://www.nbcolympics.com/photos/galleryid=184069.html

Ralph Lauren dressed us up really well but the china humidity made it very difficult to stay dry and beautiful..By the end of the night, I was soaked through my wonderful attire but still trying to look good and represent our country in a good way...I finally got my picture with Laker super star Kobe and he was very nice and gracious..I was also able to show off my Italian skills with him and have a conversation with him in Italian...That was awesome....
The lighting of the torch was unbelievable...a Chinese gymnast was walking on air to light the torch..hope you all caught that on TV..someone just emailed me teammate Petie and said they say us on TV....I will try to post pictures later...
Today we scrimmaged the Australians..we are back to work and getting ready for our showdown with China on 08/11...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

1 comment:

BossiRossi said...

I hope it was as awesome as it looked on tv... imagine my surprise when I got home tonight to find out our dvr didn't tape the ceremonies...with only 1/2 left... but lucky for us, the US came on 5 min after we turned it on... I saw Betsey, Jaime, Bernie, Moody, Jess, Elsie,Moriah, Brittany & Kami...you must have been busy getting your pic w/ Kobe... ha ha!
Let the games begin!